Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Friday, December 14, 2007

Being African American & Eastern Orthodox






There are not alot of African Americans that are Eastern Orthodox. However, that is starting to change in recent years. More and more African American protestant & psuedo-protestant christians are becoming Orthodox. My Journy took about 8 or 9 years of reading Church History, but for others it's been very quick.



I attend an Arabic speaking Orthodox Church and already another African American male at my Parish decided to become Orthodox. And it only took him a few months.


So what does it mean to be Orthodox and black? Well......I don't know. It feels like home to me. Orthodoxy was meant to be for all people, and if the Lord grants me the right to become a mission priest/elder then I will try to make that even more true for the urban areas of North America.



JNORM888

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails