Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Thursday, May 6, 2010

Judgment and Justification in Early Judaism and the Apostle Paul




Hendrickson Publishing


Amazon.com


Google Books


This book stood out to me when I was watching KabanetheChristian's youtube video about what he got for christmas. I'm going to have to put this on my books to get list.....a very long list, but I'm gonna bump this one up to the top. The author of the book is part of the New Perspective on Paul group or NPP. The traditional Calvinists, Reformed, and Lutherans all hate them to no end.

But yeah, this book might be very very interesting, and so hopefully I will be able to get it in July. Until then, I'm gonna read what I can of it on google books.

For those that don't know about the New Perspective on Paul (a movement within protestant circles) here is an article by Christianity Today: "What Did Paul Really Mean?
'New perspective' scholars argue that we need, well, a new perspective on justification by faith"
.



I tend to think the term "Justification by Sola Fide" is misleading as well as unbiblical when one looks at both the Biblical and Patristic evidence (over all). Therefore I tend to believe in what I term "Prima Fide" Meaning Faith maybe primary but it's not by itself nor is it over the Church, but lived in the Church and judged by her.....just as Scripture is Primary and not by itself nor is it over the Church, but exist within Her and is interpreted correctly by Her.

To know what I mean by Prima Scriptura go here:

http://ancientchristiandefender.blogspot.com/2009/11/prima-scriptura.html














Christ is Risen!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails