Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm Feeling Better Now

I'm no longer feeling like Darth Vader:



After talking with him, I found out that he pretty much read his way out of faith.....not just out of Orthodoxy and christianity in general.....but out of any faith in any religion. He was already struggling with doubt for some years, but the two main influences that seemed to help push him faster in the direction of caving in to his temptations of doubt were books by two authors in the area of psychology and Religion. It seems as if the bias of the authors was soley from an atheistic or philosophical naturalistic perspective. And he totally ate it up. I tried to talk him out of it yesturday, but to no avail, and so, my main weapon is gonna have to be prayer.


I'm glad I had the chance to speak to him, for I am no longer upset. It is what it is, and we all have to move on. The lesson to be learned from this is that new converts....but anyone really, but new converts in general should not read bad books if they are struggling in that area. If your temptation is atheism......then why read atheistic books?

What one should do is read stuff to help make their faith stable and strong before reading things that will destroy it. Especially if your temptation is atheism/agnosticism. Also, I no longer feel uncomfortable in the inevitable clash between us in the blog world if he decides to start a new blog to advocate his atheism/agnosticism. I told him not to burn his bridges in the christian world for it is only a matter of time before he feels ready to speak out about his views online(blog). When that happens, I will be ready for the war, and I will be more comfortable then in letting people know who this person is that I refuse to name.


Watch what you eat(read)!












Christ is Risen!
Related Posts with Thumbnails