Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm hurt and a little depressed at the moment


lecture 1
A Picture of me at a conference, I'm not gonna show a picture of my friend.


I found out a couple days ago that a friend of mine finally caved in to the doubts and confusion that he had for some years now. It hurts man, it really does. I met his girlfriends, grandmother, parents, and other relatives and the whole situation just sucks.

At the moment, all I can do is hear him out and listen. I'm too out of it emotionally to argue with him. My plan is to try and help him slow down and sit on it for a few more years, as well as to continue to hang around people of faith as much as possible for I know of others who were in a similar situation and most of them came back to faith. Well, some of them still struggle with issues of doubt, and so this may be a life long struggle for some.

But whatever the case may be, I will not give up on him.











Lord Have Mercy!

3 comments:

Thomas Stuart said...

Doubt is the worst affliction anyone can endure. I'll be praying for both of you. Your blog has been one of the greatest influences on my return to the (Roman) Catholic church and has continued to be an inspiration to dig deeper into the faith (especially the church fathers) and has even forced me to consider Orthodoxy. Thank you for all that you've done and continue to do.

Jnorm said...

Thank you Zork,

I've been thinking about adding more posts against atheism, secularism humanism......etc. because of my friend's situation. I know I probably won't be able to talk him out of it, so please pray for us.





Lord Have Mercy!

あじ said...

There is no way to make this easier. He can't be talked out of it: that's not really possible. How and when change happens isn't something any human power can control. But don't give up hope. Lord have mercy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails