Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Wednesday, January 7, 2009

HADES as seen from a few passages in the LXX

Deuteronomy 32:22
"For a fire burns away of my rage; it shall be burned unto lower Hades;"

JONAH 2:2
"From out of the belly of Hades was my cry; you heard my voice."

Psalm 16:10
"For you should not abandon my soul in Hades, nor shall you give your sacred on to see corruption."

Psalm 30:3
"O Lord, you led my soul from out of Hades; you delivered me from the ones going down into the pit."

Psalm 49:15
"Except God shall ransom my soul out of the hand of Hades, whenever he should take me."

Psalm 86:14
"For your mercy is great towards me; and you rescued my soul from out of lowermost Hades."

Psalm 94:17
"Unless that the Lord helped me, my soul would shortly have sojourned in Hades."

Job 33:22
"and his soul approached unto death, and his life unto Hades."

Jobe 38:17
"And do the gates of death open to you in fear; and did gatekeepers of Hades, in beholding you, become alarmed?"

Hosea 13:14
"From the hand of Hades I shall rescue them; from death I will ransom them. Where is your punishment, O death? Where is your sting, O Hades?






JNORM888

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails