Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Monday, September 28, 2009

Was Jesus a Myth? (A debate between Dan Barker & James White)

I don't always agree with James White, infact, I disagree with him alot on certain issues, but I thought this was a decent debate.


Part 1:




Part 2:





The Abuse and Misuse of Justin Martyr:












ICXC NIKA

3 comments:

Tony said...

I could not BELIEVE that Dan Barker tried to stop James White from quoting his book on a relevant topic. That'd be like if someone debated me and I didn't want them to quote my blog.

What was that? Was Barker trying to make himself look big, did he think White would find something to condemn him from his own work and hence tried to stop him, or was he just inexperienced and didn't think someone could do that?

I just don't get it. Sadly there are probably some people out there who think James White had an unfair advantage quoting from a work that Barker did, hasn't recanted, and in fact was selling at that very debate.

Jnorm said...

Yeah, I know! I thought that was funny! Who knows.....it could be inexperience probably.

But if Barker did change his mind on something then it would be intellectually honest to let your readers know......most people would edit their works in a newer edition of a book...... so yeah what he said seemed strange to me.








ICXC NIKA

Tony said...

His argument that the debate wasn't about the book is also ludicrous. James White was merely using it as a source; nothing more, nothing less. I don't see how anyone could misinterpret it as that. Again, why this sudden move?

Related Posts with Thumbnails