Blog Archive

Saint Moses the Black

Saint Moses the Black
Saint Moses the Black

Popular Posts

Labels

Saint John the Theologian

Saint John the Theologian
Saint John the Theologian

Followers

Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger
Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Catechumen's Tale: Who will I find, in the depths of my heart?

A Catechumen's Tale: Who will I find, in the depths of my heart?


"I am descending deep into my heart, to see who is dwelling in it besides me and You, O Eternal God. And I am filled with fear as I find legions of strangers fighting over portions of my heart. I found as many of them in my heart as time contains human and inhuman souls from the Fall of Adam. And then I understood why my heart has become weary, and cannot receive either You or me into its chambers, but instead shoves us to the outer perimeter -- pushing the proprietors out to the edge of their property.

Even before I came out of the womb of my mother, the world with its desires was dwelling within me. I used to pay dearly and too dearly for every flattery of the world. I would always break off a piece of my heart and give it as payment, until eventually I gave my whole heart to the world and the flatteries began to become boresome to me.

Old men complain to me about their years, saying: "Our heart has grown old under the weight of many years." In truth, old men, your heart has not grown old beneath the weight of many years but beneath the weight of many desires."


To read the rest please visite a Catechumens Tale.











JNORM888

2 comments:

Tony said...

You know, you keep linking to me, and you just might tempt me with pride ;)

Jnorm said...

LOL





JNORM888

Related Posts with Thumbnails